A wonderful long weekend, and Sunday we got hit with snow- which made it a good excuse to stay home and quilt!! Yes, I got my Juki back. Turns out the issue was not with the machine at all, but with the speed limiter I made with Radio Shack parts shortly after I got the machine. The speed limiter made it easier to control the speed when I was free motion quilting- Juki's can go like crazy if you floor it! Apparently it can also create problems. I ended up throwing the limiter out, and my machine guy fixed up a way to limit the speed that is mechanical and easy.
So I have been quilting on Grace. The first part of the design is done! The second half should go quicker, since I won't have to mess with gridded tape anymore.
I think I am going to play with the last photo in PSE, to help me decide how much of the black 'border' I need. You can't see it well in this photo, but some of my quilting lines that use color- either hot pink, yellow, or orange- flow into the black on the top and bottom. I'm thinking I'm going to extend the color along the sides too when I add the second half of the design, which makes the tesselation.
I have finally starting doing one of the exercises in the Creative Photography book I got a few weeks ago. It is looking at line, and finding letters of the alphabet in unexpected places. Saturday was a gorgeous, sunny and relatively warm day, so I took Shiloh for a walk along the river trail in town. I found my first three letters on that walk, and another today when I had to make a quick trip to the store. I now have an L, T, F and Y. O will be easy, I see them all over the place. And I think I've seen an A I need to go back and shoot!
It's a fun exercise that certainly teaches you to look around and beyond the obvious!
Well, I've laundry to finish and dinner to fix. Work tomorrow- sigh. I'd so much rather be quiltng.