Sunday, April 07, 2013

The blur that was March. . .

I haven't vanished from the planet, or given up my art- life just managed to take over this past month.  I'm still getting used to having a three year old in my home again.  She is a delight, but has more energy that all four of the adults in the home.  Calling her the Energizer Bunny would be an understatement.

I have been steadily plugging away on the second piece in the Walk in the Woods series- all I have left is a label and sleeve, and that has to be done by Saturday when it is delivered to a gallery in Salt Lake to be part of the Surface Design show.  I am happy with how it has developed.





I finished the edge with zigzag and rat tail cord- kind of like with yarn, but I like the smooth finish the rat tail cord has.  I don't think I've ever gone through so much thread with a quilt, but it was worth it.

So now I have two weeks to complete the next piece for my Tangled Textiles group- Remnants.  I think I am going to use the remnants from some previous quilts.  The color palette certainly appeals, it is so evocative of spring.  


I'm thinking this quilt is going to have lots of negative space.  I really like the clean look of the modern quilts with that design esthetic.  We'll see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

Kay said...

That's a beautiful piece. All the elements from the peopling to the strip piecing work so well together. I never thought of a rat tail edge, but I too like the way it looks. That's an idea to remember.

What Comes Next? said...

I'm with you on the March blurr! still wondering where the month went. I love how you piece has turned out - I'm sure it will garner all kinds of interest in the show. Have fun with your remnants - they do like very spring like - I see yellow crocuses and purple iris!