Monday, November 04, 2013

The wedding, and other Colorado fun. . .

I do not know where the time has gone.  Our short trip to Breckenridge, Colorado for my younger son's wedding was fun for all of us.  I don't have many pictures yet, but managed to get my hands on these.  It really was a lovely ceremony and reception.


The two dogs are Corey and Ian's babies- she's holding Gizmo, and Ian has Hopper.  They really were very cute in their little tuxes!  Corey was a lovely bride, we are happy to have her in our family.

And while in Colorado, we did some exploring.  Breckenridge has a neat downtown area that we walked several times.  We found interesting hats. . 


and unmistakable evidence that we we're NOT in Utah. . . 

Our last morning there, we went on a tour of a local distillery.  They had a cool looking, Willy Wonka piece of equipment--

and I learned all kinds of interesting tidbits about distilling whiskey.  I got a good laugh from a sign they had posted. . .

.

 We got some whiskey barbecue sauce, whiskey chocolate sauce, and numerous other bottles of goodies.

Right after we got back, it was time to celebrate the groom's older brother's birthday.  I had fun making these chocolate stout cupcakes with maple brown butter frosting and maple glazed bacon.  They were YUMMY!

Believe it or not, I have been doing some quilting- I've started quilting on the tee quilt, and Michelle's pink quilt is ready to sandwich.  But I don't have a single picture of any fiber stuff!

So that's what I've been up to.  On top of all that, I started a part time job a week ago.  It's with a hospice provider, and I think I will really like it.  I hope it turns into something I can keep doing after I retire from my full time job in a couple of years.

5 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Sounds like a beautiful time for you and your family. Is that snow on the mountains already?

Renate said...

What a lovely site for a wedding, and the couple look very happy! The cupcakes look scrumptious!!!

Judy said...

What a lovely bride and groom! Beautiful photos Bev.

Looks like you had a great trip....and oh do those cupcakes look yummy!

xxoo

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Beautiful wedding…..what a view and the bride and groom look very happy.

I agree with everyone…great looking cupcake!!!!

Gina said...

What a gorgeous setting and great photos! So fun to see the happy couple with the 'pups'!