Sunday, October 18, 2015

Three months- that's how long since I've been on this blog.  I hadn't realized how much soaping had taken over until I perused the last few entries- all soap!  That has now been moved to another site- so if you were tired of seeing it, you won't be!  (That's assuming anyone out there is still looking at this!)

I have managed to get some fiber work done this spring and summer.  I dd some ice dyeing. . . 






I was very happy with the results I got, and learned that I prefer using the pure dye colors to the mixed.  I like the clear colors I got, and no surprises.  The first picture is the only one with a mixed color, charcoal gray from Dharma.  All the rest were pure colors.

I decided I needed a runner for the dining room table. so a couple of weekends ago I started making improv blocks- with (gasp!) my commercial fabric stash.  I bought some fabric with text on it a few years ago, and decided I wanted to use it.  Here's what I have so far on my design wall.  I marked off the dimensions of the finished piece on my wall.



Only a few more small block to go, then I will play with the arrangement.  I do love black, red, and white together!

I've also taken two amazing camping trips this year with my brother- the first to Colorado, where we met my younger son and his wife, and the second to the Lamoille Canyon outside Elko.  Elko doesn't have a whole lot to recommend it, in my mind- but the canyon and the Ruby Mountain wilderness are gems.  It was so beautiful, we are planning to backpack the Ruby Crest trail next summer.  What a way to celebrate turning 65- backpack forty miles in the wilderness!

2 comments:

Renate said...

Good to see you blogging again! The ice dyeing results are terrific! Any plans for the pieces? The improv pieced table runner will make a wonderful statement on your table.

John said...

Bev, I've never visited a Blog before, but I love the ice dying, that yellow piece is fantastic, I always love the teals, but that vibrant yellow, wow, what dye was that, Dharma? Sorry linked to my hubby John's email...