I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately- I've been having a hard time concentrating, and feel the weight of multiple deadlines looming. I've got two more Journal Quilts to finish, a journal-size entry for the Quilting Arts abstract contest, and postcards for FFAC. A rotten time to go ADD!!
I did finish two postcards. One is an attempt to use the strips I cut for my aborted abstract challenge quilt. I didn't even get beyond the strip piecing- I decided it would just be too busy, and not convey at all what I was hoping. So, here's the first attempt with the strips:
I also played with various values of green sheers- it was fun, and something I'll do again. Some parts of this work for me, some don't. But don't worry, I've got plenty of strips and sheers left!
I ended up cutting up the piecing I made in Judith Trager's workshop last month, and using the same theme I did with the first piece.
This one works a little better for me. I ended up thread painting the seahorse, after none of the paints I tried would show up to my satisfaction.
I actually didn't spend that much time in the studio this weekend. This morning, we took the grandson to Salem Pond so he could feed the ducks- which he did with great enthusiasm!!
We had a regular feeding frenzy going until the popcorn bag was empty. . .
I'd never been to the pond before, and had no idea it was as large as it is. I beautiful setting in which to spend a Sunday morning.
And now, to try to summon up the fortitude, discipline, and concentration to get all my projects with a deadline done. They're all small, so this should be doable---