Monday, December 18, 2006

It's going to be a very white Christmas. . .

We spent most of the weekend watching the snow come down- sometimes heavy, sometimes just a white mist. But we've now got close to a foot of the cold white stuff here, and it's not looking like it's going to be melting away any time soon. And, more storms are forecast for this week and weekend. It is beautiful, if you don't have to be driving any distance in it!

We had our extended family Christmas party Sunday. We had family driving down to Spanish Fork from Salt Lake and Morgan, and they passed accident after accident on their way. So, if you have to drive in snow- slow down! Help keep yourself and everyone driving around you safe!

We went out back with the grandkids after the party, and had some fun sliding down the hill on big inner tubes. Stubborn Jaden refused to put gloves on until his hands were red, wet, and freezing. A hat?? Forget it!! We all had fun, Nana included. .

Dad obligingly rode down with both kids, much to their delight.

But the most exciting point of the weekend for me was last night at about 8 pm, while watching "The Devil Wears Prada." I put the final stitch in the house quilt. It is done, pictures taken, and it has been given to the intended recipient. I'm pleased with how it came out, and he seemed to like it also.

I learned a lot in the design and construction of this piece, much of it thanks to Betty Alof's Homebuilding class at Quilt University. My mind is already working on the next project. I need to have something for the show in Salt Lake in April, and what could be better than the theme "Blooms and Beyond"? With a week off after Christmas, I should have time to dye some backgrounds to use. My brother the artist will also be here part of thge time- maybe I'll even rope him into this! So I should have lots more photos of dyeing, painting, and maybe printing experiments to post in a couple of weeks.

It's late, I'm off to bed.

No comments: