I have been gone for the past week in southern Utah- not fun, work. But it was gorgeous in St. George at least one of the days I was there- it was hard to leave to come back to the cold. Winter is supposed to return this week, and I am heartily sick of it.
I did get some hand stitching done on a sample piece for a larger work I'm doing. I've dyed, overdyed, stenciled and stamped this fabric. I knew I wanted to add hand stitching, so I managed to get some done during meetings. It's already sandwiched, once the handwork is done I'll be figuring out the quilting. Yes, I know, sounds backwards but it was what would work for me.
Seed stitch adds such lovely texture! A detail--
I also stayed up late last night, working on a tee. I dyed and printed this tee from Dharma a couple of years ago.
It was big and baggy back then, and it was even bigger and baggier now that I've lost a bunch of weight. I've been going through my closet, weeding out clothes to sell at our annual garage sale this spring. I decided I didn't want to get rid of a couple of tees I dyed, though. So I found a Burda pattern for a basic tee, used some I already have that fit well to help determine measurements and sizing, and altered the pattern. I had to redraft the necklines a bit to make them fit on the fabric pieces- finally found a use for those French curves I bought!! Then I picked out the hems, took off the ribbing at the neck, and cut the shirt apart. I couldn't make it long sleeved- the sleeves are very different. The original had a flat cap, the pattern has a more fitted cap, so there wasn't enough length for long sleeves. But I am happy to say it worked, and was well worth the effort!!
It fits really well- skims my body without being overly clingy. I think it shows off my printing even better than the original. I even managed to reuse the ribbing around the neckline!
I have another tee to alter- I think I'm going to try something a little different. We'll see-- but boy am I having fun being skinny again!