I have been working on getting my Dye Bible completely put together. I only have three envelopes to finish, and then I will need to go through the book carefully and identify those swatches that need to be redyed. Here's where I finished last night.
I apparently left my double-stick tape up in Heber, so I had to go buy another couple of rolls. The stuff is expensive!!
We had some fabric issues when we dyed the swatches- some of them were heavier than the rest, and came out paler than they should have as a result. It also meant our stacks of swatches were short! Fortunately the print cloth I brought was the same weight as the rest, so we used some of that to make up for the shortage. The swatches that dyed paler, however, I will want to re-dye. Good practice!
I've also decided what I will be overdyeing first. I did this piece of rayon/linen a couple of months ago, intending to make a jacket. I wasn't very happy with how it turned out.
The pale background has a sort of peachy cast, and that was the color I compared to my dye swatches to determine how I want to overdye it. Yes, it will affect the swirls- change the color somewhat and darken the valued- but mostly, I want to get rid of the peachy background. I think I know my color, but probably won't decide for sure until this weekend when I dye it.
In the meantime, it's time to tape down some more fabric swatches!
Oh- and in the midst of all that, the second reveal for Tangled Textiles was last week while I was in Heber. Take a look at all the wonderfully varied interpretations of 'Celebrate!'