Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scarves, Encore

I got a bunch more scarves dyed last weekend, and more still to finish.  I have the last three rayon scarves in the washer right now, and I have several silk scarves I'm adding a second layer with paintstiks, stencils, and rubbing plates.  I've learned that the bright colors in my Dye Bible look really different done with low water immersion vs. full immersion!  I have some scarves I love and will be happy to keep if they don't sell, and others that I'm not so sure about.  So without further ado, here's some of my collection thus far.  I hope they sell!


Bamboo Rayon, LWI                                                                           Rayon, DSP and LWI



Light rayon, stamped on wrinkled fabric                                             Silk, DSP and overdyed
and LWI



Silk, dyed and printed with paintstik and a rubbing plate




Silk, dye painted.  I was hoping the blue wouldn't blend so much into the yellow.

More to come!

1 comment:

Renate said...

Oh Beverly they are all so wonderful. The two that are my favourite are the Light Rayon and the Silk with the paintstik rubbings