Sunday, April 29, 2012

Criusing, Moab Style

We spent the weekend in my absolute favorite Utah town, Moab.  It was the weekend for the Classic Car Show- and I took enough pictures to fill a week's worth of blog entries.  It was fun, relaxing, and really is a weekend for boomers who love their classic cars.

Saturday night (after the big show in the park) everyone cruises Main Street.  All the way through town, people are staking out their sidewalk space to get the best view.  I'm sure the truckers, mountain bikers, and others who are caught up in this wonder what the heck is going on.  So enjoy my night that brought back teenage memories of cruising down Harbor Boulevard with my friends!







Love that asymmetrical spider web grille!

This weekend was my first look at road rats- really low to the ground, rusty body, but pristine engine.  There were quite a few of them in the show.

Ah, yes- take me home, Jeeves!

We have that parade wave down really well!!


One last look, south down Main Street.  One of my favorite eateries, Moab Brewery, is barely visible on the left.  

Low riders and semis- an interesting juxtaposition!

Couldn't resist snapping a picture of this fellow boomer with the cute smile.  That pretty much summed up the weekend!

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

That really does look fun!

Those road rats are interesting. First time I have heard of them.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors! Fun!

Rian said...

I just love classic car parades. It's really a fun time.

Renate said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love the Road Rat description.