Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tangled Textiles Reveal

Yesterday was the reveal for the latest Tangled Textiles challenge.  The theme was Green- so I was a happy camper, since I love the color.  And since it is spring, I chose to celebrate the color in nature.  I originally thought I'd use more limey greens with red violet, but the piece wanted to go a different direction- so here it is.

City Creek Walk, 2012

My processes and thoughts are on the Tangled Textile blog, and you can also look at what others in the group have done.  Here's a closeup look at the quilting and embroidery--




I had fun with this one.  The embroidery is from my own photos.  I'm hoping to come back from my trip to Reno and the Sierras with lots more photographic inspiration, and a much better understanding of my camera and how to use it.



6 comments:

Judy said...

Absolutely fantastic!
I LOVE IT!!!

Have a great trip!

xo

Jonadele Fashions said...

The piece looks wonderful.

Vicki Miller said...

love it

Debra Dixon said...

Super piece, Beverly!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Love this piece Beverly.

Rian said...

Fabulous! Everything about it--but especially your quilting lines...they are the cherry on top.