Thursday, September 27, 2012

Travels

I have been away from blogging for the past two weeks because I have been enjoying time with my far-flung sons.  I have played with my granddaughter in Florida,


visited the oldest continually inhabited town in North America,


and helped my oldest son start preparing to move.  The last week, I have spent time in one of the most beautiful state parks I've ever visited (Ludington in northwest Michigan); they have miles of trails, which I hiked with my younger son and his fiance, enjoying every minutes of the beauty and solitude.



We saw a beautiful sunset over a windswept Lake Michigan.







I saw art created by an artist (Nellie Durand) I've gotten to know through the wonders of the web- what a pleasure to see it in person rather than on a computer screen!

 Today we visited the city- I'd forgotten what a huge, bustling city Chicago is.  






We topped off a day of walking around the city with a late lunch at Rick Bayless's Xoco restaurant- Mexican street food, unlike any I've had before.  It was delicious, and the authentic hot chocolate was superb.  It tasted of chocolate, not sugar!





Tomorrow night I fly home, back to the routines of work and home.  It has been a wonderful two weeks, some of which I hope to incorporate into my art.  And, I'll have many more pictures to share.  But there you have the quick and dirty scoop on what I've been up to!



4 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Trips are always so rejuvenating. Beautiful photography as usual and I love the walking trail picture a lot. Glad that you were able to get two weeks of uninterrupted time in. I hope you got lots of great ideas for your art!

Vicki Miller said...

what a gorgeous holiday you have had. the natonal park and the beach are gorgeous. i love the huge mosaic painting.

Debra Dixon said...

And a good time was had by all!

Renate said...

A the relaxation of a trip away from home! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Good to hear tht you made it home safe and sound! Looking forward to seeing the balance of the pictures that you took.