I didn't get to spend anywhere near the time in the studio I'd hoped for. I did get a little bit of dyeing done. I tried some more snow dyeing- after my last success overdyeing dogs, I got more dogs with my subsequent tries. I just don't know if it is worth the hassle!
I did some scarves.
I was really happy with the one on the right. The one on the left, I ended up overdyeing with some blue. It's not as gray as it looks in this photo, it really is a pretty shade of blue.
I did a knit infinity scarf that turned out to be boring orange red. I went at with Shiva paint stiks and a rubbing plate, and it is much better!
Another infinity scarf was printed first with white paint, then dyed black- I thought. I did everything right, and ended up with this insipid green.
Apparently the black dye I used was too old- it's the only explanation I can come up with. So I overdyed it with a black dye I knew I'd gotten within the past year. I also upped the amount of salt in the dye bath, and dumped in dye concentrate above and beyond a 10% DOS.
It's not quite black, but it is a nice neutral dark charcoal gray. And my printing held up over two dye baths and washing, so I will be doing that again.
I spent most of January 2 helping to install a show at the Woodbury Art Museum in Orem. My art quilt group will have a show there from January 14 to March 4, and it looks like it will be really nice. It not only features quilts, but hand dyed fabric and other fiber. Here's a sneak peek at one part-
All of us made fabric leaves, then we hung them on this tree. It looks very cool!
I also got my Tangled Textiles piece finished- but that reveal will happen this weekend. One thing I did learn with this one- my free motion quilting skills are rusty. I need to get some practice in before I quilt Michelle's pink quilt.
That's what I've been up to- hopefully I'll have more to report in the coming weeks. Stay warm!