Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I must have spring fever. . .

of one sort or another. No blogging, because not much to post. I was gone or too busy in April to do the TIF challenge. Had a couple of ideas, but nothing that grabbed me enough to head down to the studio.

I have, however, managed to finish the puzzle that was designed by sadists, and needs a masochist to complete it.



Multiple times I swore I had the right piece in place , to find out when I tried to find the next piece that I really didn't. Look at this detail, I had to learn to quit focusing on color and sort the pieces by shape.



But, last weekend, Shannon and I got it done. It's still on the table, til I can get a piece of foam core and gel medium. Ain't no way I'm taking this apart and putting it back in the box!!

Hopefully some planned outings in the next two weeks will help drag me out of this hole I seem to be in. I'm volunteering at the Home Machine Quilting Show in Salt Lake on Friday,and will have plenty of time to wander the vendors and exhibits. Not taking any classes, nothing jumped out at me. Any my small art quilt group meets the next Friday.

I will also be serving as the next president of the Surface Design group in Utah. I love the group, and after some thinking decided it was just my turn to serve on the board. Since I don't have a lot of time to do stuff after work, presiding over the meetings and conducting board meetings seems doable. Unfortunately, I will miss my first meeting since I am out of town the entire week on another business trip!

I did spend time in the studio last weekend, painting the edges of my batting tree. Lesson learned- paint it AFTER you cut out the shape,not after- then you can get the edges at the same time, with the same paint!! Mostly I'm happy with it, just hoping I didn't botch one limb. I keep telling myself that it won't be noticeable once I get the leaves I'm planning.

That's it, I'm going to watch the rest of the election returns, and hope that Obama comes close in Indiana after winning North Carolina. Yes, he has taken his hits the past month. But nothing in my research on the issues and non-issues raised by the media has changed my mind. Also hoping for an inspirational boost from the show- but in any case, I should have pictures to post.

No comments: