Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Calm

We had a nice, relaxed Christmas at home. The big storm that was supposed to hit waited until we went to bed to show, which made picking up the grandkids easier for Lance.

Christmas breakfast has always been an important family tradition for me- I try to make things I don't normally do. So, I was up early making caramel rolls, using Laura Cater-Woods recipe from her blog. It did not disappoint!



After cleaning up the kitchen, the four of us retired to the living room and had fun opening presents. I now am a happy owner of Jane Dunnewold's book, 'Finding Your Own Visual Language', a lovely hand-thrown bowl, a new watch, a wide assortment of coffees, and a number of new goodies for the kitchen from Ikea.

We just relaxed until the kids arrived in the afternoon, then watched them tear through their presents. Dinner was a low-key, traditional one with only our friend Patty an addition to the table.

I rather liked the relaxed atmosphere- no stress, just fun. I need to remember that next year!

This morning, we woke up to at least 6 inches of snow. Shannon has to work today, so I was out shoveling the driveway while she got ready. This is the sight that greeted me--



Yes, it looks beautiful, I won't deny that. I just hope that we don't get hammered with storms this winter. Our home is in a high-density development, and when the snow gets thick, it is hard to drive, and harder to park. We may be looking at having to haul the snow out if this keeps up!

I hope your holiday was blessed and full of family, friends, and good cheer. And now, I'm off to the studio in the hopes I can get Blue Tsunami faced, and the hand stitching started.


1 comment:

Karoda said...

We, too, had a relaxing stress free holiday with emphasis on being together, telling stories, food, and laughter! I believe it truly the way to enjoy just "being" as the real gifts.

Happy New Year...oh, and it was in the low 60's yesterday!!!! Althought as odd as that may be, keep the snow okay!