Monday, November 30, 2009

A Gift in the Mail

I am feeling better today- and something in the mailbox was a real boost! Nellie sent me an 8 X 10 piece made from the leftovers of her wonderful Prairie Performance that was installed in a hospital in Illinois last week. It is wonderful!



Nellie does amazing art with fabric and bits of thread, ribbon, you name it. She calls it ortwork- and it's done with snips and bits that most of us would throw out. I love it, and I am thrilled to have a piece of her work in my home. Thank you, thank you, Nellie!


3 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

You're welcome. I thank you for sending me wonderful bits and pieces from your hand-dyed fabrics. Some of them were used in the large installation piece as well as in this 8"x10" one made just for you.

Glad you're feeling better.

Karoda said...

Congrats on having a piece of her work! Its a nice piece to comfort when winter turns treacherous!

Debra Dixon said...

Lucky You!