Tuesday, September 21, 2010

OMG, I am miserable

Yesterday my throat got scratchy and sore, and I started sneezing.  Today I am in full blown cold mode despite taking echinacea, vitamin C, and Zicam as soon as I thought I might be coming down with something.  I'm still taking all those several times a day, in addition to OTC cold meds and Ricola cough drops.

Geeze, I hope it eases up tomorrow.  Flying is not fun with a cold, I've done it.  It's travel with a cold or forfeit my fare- and that ain't happening.  So I will keep medicating myself, drink lots of water and green tea, and hope I can stop sneezing so I don't infect the whole plane.  It would be nice if it were not a crowded flight so I can crawl into a row all by myself.
I have my iPod full of music, and some quilting podcasts I found in addition to the good old standby solitaire.  I have a book, and some hand embroidery- assuming TSA doesn't take my age 4 and under blunt nose scissors from me because they are so freaking dangerous.  Maybe I should just take a travel pillow so I can sleep!!


Here's hoping for an uneventful, fast travel day.

3 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Sorry, my friend. Hope you feel better and that the flight is not so bad:(:(

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Oh no...the timing to get this is awful. Keep up what you are doing and hopefully you will improve fast!
Good luck.

Quilt or Dye said...

Oh, good luck with that traveling! You might try some chicken soup. I understand it if does not cure your cold, it will at least be good for your soul. Tee Hee