Well, I was still working on it the night before my reveal time- but I got it in under the wire. I even got to bed at my usual time, not the middle of the night!!
This is my piece for the October Interpret This! challenge. A perfect storm of the muse deciding to take a vacation and a crisis at work left me feeling adrift and totally uncreative. A nudge from my daughter (who saw something in the picture I'd overlooked), and I managed to come up with this. It's 12 inches in diameter- I knew I couldn't manage anything even remotely large!!
The background is a piece I rusted recently, and added tea to get the lovely gray tones. The 'lamp' is from one batik that I fussy cut to get the different colors and values. The 'lamp' and the background were constructed separately, the background quilted and then the lamp appliqued. I finished the edge with satin stitching and couched yarn.
Given the sad state of my creative muse right now, I'm pretty happy with this one. I captured a piece of the photo that I liked, and love how the colors in the lamp and the rusted background play off each other. I'm really glad I don't have any projects I have to work on this weekend. I think I'm going to give the studio a good cleaning and organizing- and hopefully Ms. Muse will decide it's time to return home.