Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Enjoyment

is a long weekend!  I have been enjoying a specifically Utah holiday, with time off from work.  I used it in my favorite way, spending as much time as possible in the studio.  My Tangled Textiles piece is ready for quilting!  Here's a peek at a bit of what I have been doing, with something alongside to give you an idea of the scale.


I bought the text fabric over a year ago, and I think it is perfect for this piece.  You'll see why when I'm able to reveal the entire piece.

I've also been trying to walk more regularly, on the river trail that is close to our home.  I love walking in the early morning, when it is cool, and I can enjoy the sounds of the birds.  Sometimes we even see other wildlife--


I was able to watch her for a few, then Shiloh got impatient and started yipping at me.  That was enough to send the deer over the fence and across the river, far away from that noisy dog.

I'm also trying to keep my eye open for inspiring textures and shapes.  I liked how the bark on this tree looks like it weaves in and out.  I'm planning to play with this one.


I'm thinking I need to get some dyeing in while the weather is still hot.  Only two days at work, then time to play again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love an early morning walk. Looking forward to seeing what your making, all those tiny tiny squares! Woo Boy!!

Libby Fife said...

Teeny, tiny squares! Yikes:)

Enjoy your time off. The weather looks beautiful now.

Kay said...

I absolutely agree about the pattern on the bark. Should work for painting, dying, piecing (yikes).

Vicki Miller said...

Such tiny pieces! love the colours. I almost thought your deer was a kangaroo, but then I had to go and read it again, lol