Sunday, January 06, 2013

Resurfacing. . . .

It has been an eventful three weeks- a lot going on in our home, and I just couldn't summon up the energy or time to blog about it . Now our home is starting to feel more organized, I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of a new year and keeping my focus artistically in the midst of all the change.

My oldest son was laid off his job in Florida a couple of months ago, and was unable to find another. So he packed up everything, and he and brother Lance spent three days driving all their possessions to Utah. Marly and Michelle are visiting her family in Colombia til the beginning of March, then they will fly to Utah. I suspect it will be very different here once the three year old arrives! We are working hard to get the house cleaned and organized before their arrival.

In the midst of all this, we did have a lovely Christmas. I am the ecstatic owner of an iPad, and I also received a cool set of snow shoes to help work off all those holiday calories.

I've already tried them out on the Bridal Veil trail where I used to take Sadie to walk. I haven't been out since- our air quality the past week has been terrible with an inversion setting in.



Shannon gave me a cool little piece from Ikea- I think it will be perfect to use when sewing therapy strips. I love the retro color!




Once the dust had mostly settled from Sean's arrival and getting the truck unloaded, I have spent a bit of time in the studio. My local art quilt group met the day after New Year's, and I came home with a neat little piece that started with a couple of therapy squares. It is now on my design wall while I try to decide how to finish it off.



 And, my Blue piece for Tangled Textiles is now done- but no looking at that one til the end of the month.

Tomorrow I am back at work, trying to get settled into a routine in the midst of all the changes. I'm hoping (and planning!) for a lot of excitement and creativity. I wish you a New Year that brings the desires of your heart, good health and happiness! 



7 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Best wishes adjusting to the extra people in your household! What a way to start a new year! I hope your son can find work in Utah.

Rian said...

And the very same to you! Cool wheely thing you got there.

What Comes Next? said...

Happy New Year Beverly! That is a bit of a lot going on around your place. I got snowshoes too! I've not seen that IKEA rolling cart - might have to go for a little browse - it looks way cool and practical. I like your little piece on your design wall, and I'm particularly jealous that you've finished your Tangled piece - I'm still flip flopping on mine. Good luck settling into the new routines.

Gina said...

You sure have had an eventful few weeks! Good luck to you and your family in the New Year and enjoy those new toys!

Judy said...

Happy New Year to you too!

WooHoo: your lovely granddaughter will soon be right there with you! I'm sure it'll be an adjustment, but you guys are so good to welcome them into your home. Hope it won't be long before your son finds a wonderful job, and they are once again on their own....but this time, a lot closer to you!

Love your new piece!

xxoo

Del said...

Looks like lots of new "starts" for you - family, quilting, and back to work. Good thoughts going your way.

Vicki Miller said...

I am sure you are looking forward to having your granddaughter and all the other extras, hope it all settles down soon