Sunday, February 24, 2013

More Progress!

I got a lot done on Walk in the Woods 2 this weekend.  The machine embroidery is done, and I've started the hand embroidery.


The lighting on this photo is lousy, but I can't seem to get it right.  Next time I'll have to hang this on the design wall to photograph.

And, I started quilting on the background matte.  It will be a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the end.  I love how the pebbling makes the leaf shapes pop.


I'm away on a business trip for two nights, but I'll have the hand embroidery to keep me busy in the hotel room.  I'm taking an extra long weekend next week- I'm hoping to get a lot of this quilting knocked out!

I hope your week is a creative one!

4 comments:

Judy said...

love how the machine quilting makes the leaves pop too!

your work is so lovely! have a good trip and enjoy your long weekend next weekend....I am heading out to babysit for the week....pray for me! LOL

xxoo

What Comes Next? said...

just fabulous Beverly - I really like how Walk in the Woods 2 is looking, and your quilted back ground - love love love! The pebbling really makes those leaves pop!

JB said...

WOW!! This is even more impressive than the first one. The colors are so vibrant and the quilting on both pieces is just right.

Gina said...

Wow, so beuatiful, your walk in the woods series! This one really sings out colorful leaves to me.