Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Progress

I am plugging along on Walk in the Woods 2. I got all the background quilting done this weekend. I am always blown away by how much difference all the thread makes to the look of a piece.



And, I got the background matte pieces cut and sandwiched. I'm using a mid weight non-woven stabilizer and black felt instead of batting. I ended up doing some surface design on part of the matte, then I'll quilt to add focus to the motifs. 



I am getting lazier and lazier about getting out my laptop to post- we'll see how this one turns out, since I'm doing it on my iPad. In the meantime, have a good (and hopefully creative!) week!

A week later, and I can say I won't be using my iPad to post, unless it's a short post without pictures.   I can't control the placement of the photos in the app, and I have no clue how to edit my photos to make them smaller on the iPad.  So posting will continue to be done on my laptop.







2 comments:

Judy said...

Love your Walk in the Woods!

What program are you using to blog from your iPad?

xxoo

Anonymous said...

I have really loved your Walk in the Woods design posts- I've been scrolling through to see your various design motifs and solutions. I love the uneven edges- I think it is so strong as a design. I hope you will continue posting- how will you finish the edges? Or will you leave them raw? The shapes are great.