Sunday, February 25, 2007

Look, PJ- I can draw!!

Only one more drawing class to go- and I can say that it has been worth it. Not that I'm going to be a Michaelangelo or da Vinci after a six week community ed class, but I now believe something my brother Paul (PJ!) has been telling me for years- that drawing is a learned skill that anyone can do, with teaching and practice.

I haven't produced a lot of drawings, but I'm pleased with what I've done. The little paper smudgy things are wonderful, I never knew you could get effects like I've gotten with that little gizmo! I finished the one of Shannon, and learned a trick for transferring a drawing from tracing paper to drawing paper. I'm getting better at "seeing"- and at least know that's a skill I will continue to develop.

So, here's the two drawings I will probably display for the open house next weekend.



And my completed one of Shannon. Seeing the photo, I think I will be re-working this one. And, I know I didn't get the eyes just right. But, for someone who swore she would never be able to draw, especially people- I think this is a good start.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks weather-wise. We've had gloriously warm days, and then we've had snow. I couldn't resist taking this picture of Sadie, blissfully ignoring the snow as she chews on her bone. Total focus!

Two lookers at the house this week, no offers yet. And I am feeling incredibly unmotivated to sew anything. I'm just using the sketchbook, hopefully something will inspire me!

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

YEAH for you!! It takes gumption to even tackle drawing let along share it with the world. Well done and another YEAH!