Sunday, May 13, 2007

Heading down the homestretch

until Shannon leaves for Florida, and then Switzerland. We have been figuring out what clothes she will need, how to pack, how much weight she's allowed without an outrageous excess baggage charge. There have been some hiccups on her visa, and we are still waiting to hear if she can pick it up via mail, or if she will have to present herself in person in Atlanta. If the latter is true, then she'll probably have to fly there from Tampa and then back. We've set up a blog for her, and she'll be taking her laptop with. Hopefully she will post regularly, I think it will be a wonderful way to keep up with her adventures in a new country. Her blog is http://www.salaine.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to take a look.

I have been doing a study piece for my journal quilt- the first time I've done this. I've tried out the unfamiliar processes I'm planning to use, trying to see how it all comes together visually. I already know somethings I will do differently when I start on the actual piece. It has been fun playing with text transfer, and my new metallic Shiva paintsticks!

To all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day. We're headed to Lance's home for breakfast, then to church. It's a double celebration today, it's also DJ's birthday. Hopefully I'll have some time to relax and play later- I've got my last five postcards for my Art2Mail group waiting to be finished. It would also be nice to get our and walk the dogs when it has cooled down some. Although it hasn't felt like it to me, we have had gloriously sunny weather with temperatures in the 90's. I think we have past the heating season, and are right into air conditioning!

No comments: