Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring Market Photos

OK, I promised photos of the quilt exhibit at Sping Market. Here are the ones that caught my eye. I've seen many of these published in magazines, so you probably have too- but it was a treat to be able to see them in person and up close. From the selection, you can tell that I am drawn to bright, strong colors. I haven't distinguished which quilts were in what exhibit- there were three total, I think.


A Sunny Day in April by Emily Parson


Heartburst by Rachel Wetzler


Gulls in the Heat Haze by Inge Mardal and Steen Hougs
Amazing detail and realism!


Opportunity Knocks by Laura Wasilowski. If my memory is accurate, this is a quilt she did on a Simply Quilts episode.


Nine to the Ninth Power by Scott Murkin. This quilt was amazing- from a distance, the colors just glowed. Up close, the piecing was tiny and mind-boggling!


Sunflowers, by Beth Miller. She had some great dimension in the sunflowers, with knots and fringe that you really can't see in this photo.


Paeonia Mascula by Amira Wishinsky

That's all for now, I do have a few more but it's time for me to hit the road for the day.

No comments: