Friday, August 31, 2007

Swiss Days--

Every year during Labor Day weekend, the picturesque village of Midway hosts Swiss Days. I've lived in Utah for sixteen years, and have never gone. This year, with my daughter Shannon living in Switzerland, it seemed apropos to go. So, we took off Friday afternoon and headed up Provo Canyon.

The canyon is one of my favorite places, especially in the fall. The colors are just starting to turn- in a couple of weeks it will be a wonderland of gold, orange, and red. I even managed to get a picture as we drove!



We parked way outside the village, and took the free shuttle into town. Midway isn't big, and it felt rather clautrophobic when we got to the town square. I've been here before, and was hard pressed to recognize it! Loads of craft booths, most that have absolutely nothing to do with Switzerland. Fun to look at, but nothing really tempting.






At the town square, you can eat and listen to the entertainment. Ah, Swiss food- this ring any bells??



And the entertainment!! Where but in America can you listen to 'Rocky Tonk Tennessee' with yodeling in the middle of the song??



Well, one more thing to cross off my list of things to do in Utah. Next year, I'd rather go to the sheep dog trials at Soldier Hollow, just down the road.

No comments: