Sunday, February 03, 2008

Is it a tree yet??

Ha! Two posts in one day! But I managed to spend some studio time, got my overdyed cheesecloth pinned onto the painted batting. I had to use two different pieces, so I wanted to be sure they blended well. And I don't know any way to do that except take a picture- so here we are. This does not photograph well, and I'm not sure if my amateur dinking around in PS Elements was a positive or not!



I am not planning to lay the cheesecloth flat on the batting, but to tuck, twist and turn it to try to mimic the rough texture of bark. I've also cut some holes in it, to let the smoother batting show through- again, something I have observed on real trees as Sadie and I walk. Here's a couple of closeups--





So, what do you think? I still have lots of stitching to do, both to hold the cheesecloth and get more texture. Do you see tree bark?

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Looks like a very substantial tree! I really like the cheesecloth idea.

Nellie's Needles said...

oh, yeah! you're on the right track.

Potiron said...

I love it so far, can't wait to see how it will turn out!!! I love working with those kinds of materials!!!!