Sunday, January 18, 2009

It finally got me-

The crud that has been going around, I mean. I started feeling like I was getting a cold Wednesday- by 4 pm, I left work. Thursday and Friday I spent mostly in bed. Yesterday I made it to the couch downstairs, but all I've done is knit and watch the inauguration coverage. I've loved every minute of it, and am rather peeved that I'll have to figure out a way to leave work long enough to see him take the oath and speak on Tuesday. No way I'm missing that. I can live without the parade, the balls will be on that night, but I won't miss seeing his speech live.

The other good thing that has come from being sick is the knitting. I've got a sweater about done! I completely ripped out a vest I'd done over a year ago and wasn't happy with the result. This time, I decided to do a raglan short sleeve sweater knit from the top down. I've decided it's long enough, I'm ready to start the ribbing. Then all I have left to do is pick up the neckband stitches, and do six rows of that.



Hopefully I can get this done before my appointment with the orthopedist Wednesday, for my elbow and thumbs. Both have been bothering me, although I started taking Motrin and that helped. But if I'm going to be told to give up my repetitive motion activities for awhile, I want this done first.

Hope you are keeping warm- it's winter here, but at least we aren't in the deep freeze like Chicago and the rest of the midwest. I don't miss that weather at all!

No comments: