Sunday, February 28, 2010

Takeout for Two



is my piece for February's Interpret This! challenge.  I managed to complete it yesterday, thanks to Dayquil and hot tea.  I am still feeling lousy, so I'm spending the day at home not doing much of anything.

I had fun with this, and overall I'm pleased with the result.  I do think I will move the chopstiks so they are resting on the plates, not perched on the very edge.  I was definitely in rush mode by the time I sewed those on.

 
I'm especially pleased with how the quilting designs contribute to the overall design of the piece.  The background and border designs have a definite Oriental feel.  The border is hard to see, but it's overlapping fans that alternate directions.  That took me the better part of a day to complete!  The quilting in the plates is more Western- by the time I got to them, I just wanted something simple and unobtrusive.  Maybe with more time I'd have come up with a more Asian design.

Critiques and comments on this quilt welcomed, I love to know what you think.  And do go over to the 'Interpret This!'  blog to see how the others interpreted the photo.  There is some wonderful work!!

I'm supposed to have 'Blue' quilted by tomorrow for the 12 by 12 Project- don't know if I will make that deadline.  And Monday, our new photo will be posted for 'Interpret This!'  I sure hope this cold comes and goes quickly, so I can get back to work.  In the meantime, the Olympics is a nice way to spend a lazy, I don't feel good afternoon.  Hockey!

1 comment:

Rian said...

I just love the symmetry of this piece. Well done! And you can break it out every February for Chinese New Year!