The raw silk I discharged in the thiox bath last weekend has been stewing with vinegar and rusty stuff since Sunday. Tonight I decided it had sat long enough with the rust, but it needed something else. I made a half-strength batch of tannin, and poured it over, mushing the fabric to get it distributed. I'll let it sit until tomorrow- then rinse and wash. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
I got the bottom half of the wind turbines quilt done last night. I also did some auditioning of quilting designs for the top, which will be different. I think I know what I want, I just hope I can pull it off. It will mean the bottom will be much more densely quilted than the top, so I hope I don't have hanging problems because of it.
Half the work week done, half to finish. You know it has not been a good week when you are ready for it to be done at 10 am on Monday.