Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Fun, and Almost Done

We've had multiple consecutive days of WARM weather!  Today the whole family is going to Lagoon, the closest thing Utah has to Disneyland.  Should be fun, although I don't know how many of the wild roller coaster rides I'll be doing.

I have also been working hard on my Tangled Textiles piece.  It is mostly done, I just have to add some embellishments by hand, and finish the edge.  I think I'm going to use the zigzagged edge with perle cotton.  Easy to do, and I like the look.

The creative muse seems to be returning to the studio in fits and starts, but I can feel her presence more and more.  I'm planning a dyeing day soon, either with my WAQ friends or at home.  I've got some clothes I want to make with fabric ready to go.  And I have at least two quilts to get quilted!

I am becoming a real thrift store junkie.  While we were in Reno, Sean jokingly asked me to buy him a shirt- a Tommy Bahama silk shirt that retailed for $110.  Ha ha!!  Then when my brother and I were checking out the Saver's in Reno, he found a beautiful blue Tommy Bahama shirt in Sean's size- for $12.  I bought it, the look on Sean's face when he saw it was priceless.  I scored another one in our store a week ago that just got mailed off to him.  Then Friday, I found this-


Sorry the picture is fuzzy, but I took it with my phone and I'm not very good with it.  I scored a TB silk shirt for me, in a lovely black/blue/sage green flower print.  Love it!  It's gotten to be like a treasure hunt, you never know what you'll find.  I'll bet three-quarters of my closet is now recycled treasures from Saver's.  I have four or five silk shirts, all from Saver's.  Unbelievable!

And a monumental event that any woman could relate to- I went shopping for a swimsuit for the first time in over ten years, and found one I like at a price I'm willing to pay.  I look pretty good in it, sixty years old or not!!

Time for breakfast, hope your weekend is a fun, warm one!

2 comments:

Kay said...

Another thrift store junky! Be sure and read Debra's post today.

I have actually gotten into this too, but I've been buying stuff to help my son furnish his apartment. MUST STOP. He isn't even necessarily appreciative.

Rian said...

That's a major SCORE on the Tommy shirt. And doesn't it make your heart happy to find a swimsuit that fits? After 60 or not!