Friday, July 06, 2007

Back home---

after a wonderful week in Florida with Sean and Marly. I'd hoped to be able to post pictures while I was there, but no such luck. So now I have enough in my camera for several posts!!

Marly's family is in Bucaramanga in Colombia, and thanks to the wonders of the web and computers, I got to speak with her mother while I was there- with Marly translating, of course. I'm sure she finds it as difficult being so far away from her daughter as I do from my son.

The "office" is usually busy, they each have a computer set up--


I'm sure I'm just a prejudiced mother, but I think they make a lovely couple!!

I spent a lot of time taking pictures of flowers and plants- the differences between the desert that I'm accustomed to, and the tropicals in Florida, was fascinating. I'll have lots more about that, though.

The moon was incredible one night- sneaking through the branches of a big oak with loads of Spanish moss hanging from them. Thanks to the wonders of digital and Photoshop,I actually got a decent picture of it!



This will be a short post- I had my first laser treatment for varicose veins today, and I need to get the leg back up. Fortunately, this wasn't a totally traumatic medical experience- especially since I have more to come.


No comments: