Saturday, January 09, 2010

Working on the Self Portrait

I've been working on the first piece for my Interpret This! online group. This first one is a self-portrait, and it has been on my mind for several weeks- basically, ever since I knew what we'd be doing!

I've gone through my stacks of photos, played in PSE- and never came up with anything that excited me. Since I don't do representational art, I was also stressing over how I was going to get this done in a tight time frame.

Remember this post? I ended up using the portrait Candee did that evening. I took a picture of it, did a little playing in PSE, and started working. I actually made a couple of samples, just so I could be sure the process I'm doing will work and give me the effect I'm after. So far, so good.

I will have a teaser detail shot next weekend, but my reveal isn't until the end of the month. And I will need all that time to get it done!


2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

I'm looking forward to your teaser and the big reveal.

Libby Fife said...

Looks like you are moving along. Can't wait to see it.