My studio is still in disarray after the water disaster- but the closet carpet is dry, has been re-stretched, and new baseboards are in place. I can't move my fabric back into the closet until the carpet cleaners come on Monday- and then I'll have to wait 24 hours for it to dry, so probably not until Tuesday night.
I have done some dyeing and surface design, however. I dyed ten onesies for a friend who wanted them for gifts--
(Yes, I did a little stamping on some of them too!)
I got a 30" X 36" piece of acrylic at Home Depot so I can do large monoprints, not just fat quarter size. I have the first part of one done- I hope it will be good enough to use for a whole cloth quilt for an exhibition with AQuA this fall.
I also overdyed the ugly scarf I discharged last weekend. I went for dark, with navy blue. It didn't turn out as dark as I'd hoped it would be, but it will work. Then I screened a coffee bean print in two sizes on it with discharge paste, and used the steam iron to activate the paste. I got what I wanted, a dark scarf with areas where the yellow and pale blue show through. Next to that scarf are two more rust dyed scarves. I gave the first one as a gift, and it was a hit. So one's for me, and the other is for a friend who's retiring this week. Lucky her!
I'm thinking about rusting the light gold scarf I discharged last weekend- do some strategically applied contact prints. I also ordered some tannin- we'll see what that does.
We're off to a friend's for a barbecue tonight. Hope your weekend is a relaxing and creative one!