I got another top done today- a lightweight jacket out of the cotton-linen I dyed and discharged. I think I'll enjoy wearing this one!
It still needs to be ironed- I gave it a wash and rinse in Milsoft, since it was feeling pretty stiff. That helped quite a bit. All I have left to do is sew on three buttons!
I've also been working on a small piece from the fabric I rusted a couple of weeks ago. I did some quilting, which was a bear- no matter what needle I used, it went THUNK. I managed to get the bit quilted on the top, although I shredded some thread in the process. I don't think I will use Kona muslin to rust again- it is just too finely woven to needle easily, and then you add the rust and it's a nightmare. Fortunately, this one will be mounted on foam core and matted- so my back will not be inspected by the quilt police!
I'm going to do a bit more quilting after the hand work is done. I'm still trying to decide if I want to quilt the light colored background.
I'm leaving Thursday for Grand Junction again for a couple of days. No teaching this time, just a couple of play days at the Fabric Arts Studio with other AQuA members. I'm hoping to dye some color samples to test out working from weight instead of volume with the dyes, and do some deconstructed screen printing. And, I'd like to do some soy wax batik. That should keep me busy for a couple of days!