Got all the dyed fabric through the washer today- and for the most part, I'm happy. The cotton knit is much better, not so flat with different shades of blue running through it. It still has greeny blotches, but they are much less obvious. And I'm not done yet, I think I will be adding white paint with a homemade stamp.
The warm colored cotton also came out pretty well. On the left is the one I did by sponging the dye on the fabric, then leaving it flat to dry. The other two were loosely scrumpled in a tub, then five different colors squirted on with syringes. I thought I got dye everywhere, but there is some white. Good thing I don't mind.
Strangely enough, even though the colors aren't as intense as I like, I see the most possibility in the one on the left. And I think I can pump up the color with my thread choices. I think I will be leaving these hanging on my design wall for a couple of weeks while I work on the jacket and tee I have cut out. Who knows, something else may present itself, given enough time.
On to another work week. Hope your week is a creative one!