Saturday, September 13, 2008

Surprise!! (And, 200 posts--)

I had a lovely surprise when I went to the mailbox today- a box from Nellie Durand. Inside was this--



Isn't she great!! Nellie posted about making these birds earlier this summer. This one happens to be made from some of my hand-dyed fabric that I sent to Nellie along with threadies and other fiber stuff that I used to throw out. I just love her!! I'm already trying to decide where to display her to best effect.

I've also been stitching, on one of the sunflower batik panels. I want to have it at least partially done before the Surface Design meeting in Salt Lake next Wednesday. I'm well on the way, all I have left is the background.



It took awhile, but I heavily quilted the center area. I love the texture this stitching gives it.



Later, I'll add beads. I'm also debating adding some paint, like the Kemshall's do. A nice sparkly metallic, to give it some pop.

This is my 200th post since I started this blog in March of 2006. I didn't know if it would last, since I was never one to maintain a diary or journal. But for some reason, this works for me- I love doing it, and love the connections I've made around the world through blogging. To all those who visit, read about my art and life, and maybe even leave a comment- thank you!


3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

The bird is absolutely delightful. And I like the centre treatment of your sunflower.

Nellie's Needles said...

Glad the bird "flew" so quickly through the mail to you. Your beautiful hand-dyed fabrics made a lovely bird. Thank you for sharing them with me.

Judy said...

Love, love, love your bird from Nellie and also your sunflower!