Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Done!

Well, except for the sleeve and label- but the quilting is done, and the facing is on. Just in time for me to spend tomorrow working on a 6 X 9 piece to mount on canvas!

Here it is, along with a detail shot showing all the quilting.





I like the background quilting, but don't know if I would do it again on a quilt like this. It is just around the edges, and getting all those lines straight was a bear. I also had lots of stops and starts- no way to do this in one pass!

We had our Surface Design group meeting this week,and many of the pieces that are going to be in the show were there. Plenty of good work, in keeping with the theme 'Hard Times.' We hang the show on the 29th, and the opening is Friday October 2.

In the meantime, back to the studio!


3 comments:

Carole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carole said...

Trying this again :) Beautiful piece, Bev. I can see how the quilting would have been difficult. I love the colors. Wish you could have been at AQuA today - SAQA did a trunk show for us.

polly said...

Hi Bev - you got some very nice pics of the Hard Times show! Would it be possible to put all those images on a disc for me so I can print those on 4x6 photo paper for the USDG show notebook?
If you don't mind I'd also like to email your images to friends/patrons and a graphic artist i know who could do future publicity in print for USDG.
Would it be ok if i send a link to your blog via email to all of my friends who donated the hundreds of used dryer sheets that went into my piece? They want to see the show too. :) polly