Friday, September 11, 2009

WAQ-y Dyeing

WAQ this month turned out to be just me and Suzanne- two others weren't feeling well, and another couldn't make it. We did some dyeing out on Suzanne's west-facing patio, which made for some good heat for the dyes. I did a bunch of color parfaits, and two different lengths of this fabric I got in Grand Junction, Radiance. It's 55% silk and 45% cotton, and has a wonderful hand. I'm hoping one came out good enough to make a blouse with. I did blue, violet, and fuschia on one piece, and red, lemon yellow, and golden yellow on another.

I got all my jars home, and here they are baking in the sun some more.



Suzanne had some mixed colors, so I got to sample a couple- Palomino gold and maroon brown. They're in the very tall value parfait, where I did five half yard pieces in those two colors, golden yellow, deep yellow (which is really orange), and ecru. It will be fun seeing how they wash out.

I've also got three of the circles quilted on the Passages piece. Hopefully I'll get a lot more done tomorrow.

No comments: