Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Musings

Well, the garage sale went off less spectacularly than in past years, largely due to our decidedly un-springlike weather.  I woke at 5:30 am to the sound of rain- and it didn't let up much until 10 am or so.  We'd already planned ahead to set up in the garage instead of the driveway, so that's what I did. It was COLD- I brought a little space heater into the garage to keep from freezing, and had a coat on until afternoon. I think lots of folks in the neighborhood just didn't bother because of the weather.

I still had earlybirds at 7:15 am, though.  And, I was happy that I sold almost all my 'big ticket' items- a desktop computer, a couple pieces of exercise equipment- in addition to a lot of smaller items.  I had my Electric Quilt 5 software program and books out- they didn't sell, but I listed them on KSL classifieds, and heard from a buyer this morning.  We're meeting tomorrow to close the deal.

The HOA board may decide to have another one later this summer since the weather didn't cooperate- but I took all the leftover clothes and the two sets of golf clubs DJ wanted to sell to DI yesterday afternoon.  It felt good to get all that cleaned out!

We're going to Moab next weekend to visit a friend, and to see the arts festival there.  Moab this time of year is gorgeous, and with all the rain we've had, should be really green.  Can't wait.  Then it will be the homestretch preparation for my class in Grand Junction in mid-June.

The Interpret This! reveals start tomorrow.  Mine is Tuesday morning.  I got the photography done this morning, and have it all ready to go.  Now I'm going to get the stacks of ironing I have accumulated done, while I watch another couple episodes of Upstairs, Downstairs.  Hope your weekend was a good one!

No comments: