Saturday, May 01, 2010

May Challenge


Since it doesn't seem I'm going to get much spring at home, I'll take it in this beautiful photo.  I've already done some playing with filters in PSE, and started drawing.  I'm aiming for abstracted, but not non-representational.  I will have fun delving into my stash of greens, my favorite color.  And those pinks and blues make the greens sing. 

I'm hoping I can settle on a design rather quickly, and then figure out construction quickly.  In my list of stuff I have going on this month, I forgot to add the community wide garage sale on Saturday the 22nd.  We actually have stuff to try to sell, so there's another weekend morning I won't be in the studio.  If I can get over the hump of figuring out what I'm doing, hopefully I can break it down into bits I can do for an hour or so at night.

I have chicken-vegetable stew on the stove, ready to go over couscous.  All those spices in the stew are making me hungry!

1 comment:

Libby Fife said...

Glad you like the photo. It really was that beautiful that day:)