Sunday, August 09, 2009

Frustration!!!

I have been trying to get my challenge piece for the October show screenprinted all weekend. For some reason, I am getting a line on some of the prints, it is texture that is on the screen. And I can't figure out why.

The first one that I posted yesterday has it, a vertical line on the left. I did a second one, and managed to avoid another one until the LAST pull! So now I have done the first two pulls on my third piece of fabric- this time using a brush instead of a squeegee. I'm not sure how well that is going to work, but no lines so far.

I only have one more piece of this fabric, unless I use a lighter value for the background- and I'd rather not. So I will let the first pulls dry for an hour or so, and do the second, using a credit card instead of my bondo scraper. If I avoid one part of the screen, it seems to work better.

In the meantime, my hands are turquoise because gloves get in the way. If I am finally successful, I'll post a picture. Otherwise, you just might hear me screaming all the way across the country.

1 comment:

Karoda said...

Is it coming from the edge of your screen? If so, try placing freezer paper underneath around the edges after the first pull.