I did the overdye yesterday morning, and washed it out last night. And I was floored by the results- since when does dark teal blue plus pale, pale orange make--- GREEN???? (The swatch on top is the one I'm hoping to duplicate.)
In an attempt to salvage the pieces, I overdyed them again last night in more blue. After the washout this morning, I knew these pieces would be thrown on the ugly pile, and I'd start again from scratch. They are not only still green, it is not a pretty shade of green.
I decided I like how the pimatex took the color better, so I've got a half yard of it in what I hope will be teal- no overdyes this time.
This might have turned out differently had I 1)used the same blue, and 2)used the same fabric. I was out of cerulean blue, and haven't bought any Kona cotton for quite awhile. If this second attempt doesn't turn out well, I may just go get some Kona.
In the meantime, it's off to Sunflower for grocery shopping, and to Michael's to get some acrylic paints for the canvas I'll be mounting a small piece on. Hope my color mixing on that one works better than this weekend's adventures!