Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hitting the Road

I have made my list, and revised it multiple times.  Shannon helped me check off everything to make sure I didn't forget anything.  The car is now packed, and I'm doing laundry.  The suitcase is mostly packed, just some last minute stuff to put in tomorrow morning.

Sunday I dyed the very last bit of muslin I had- another round with complementary colors tightly scrunched.  I used lemon yellow and grape.  It turned out yellow and brown, but cool looking nonetheless.  Now I am wanting to figure out- why did the green and red piece turn out with the colors relatively true, and the last one definitely turned brown where the colors mixed?  That also happened with the orange and turquoise, but to a lesser degree.  More experiments down the road, I suspect.

My IT! piece is almost completely done.  A few hits with glue, and some work with paintstiks, and I'll be done.  My picture will be the subject for July's challenge, I can't wait to see which of the three I submitted is chosen.

I'm thinking I will take my laptop to Grand Junction, maybe there will be wireless there.  If so, I'll have blog posts of the workshop!

No comments: