Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Goodie in the Mail

Today this arrived in my mailbox--


The ProScale 600 Luxe Digital Pocket Scale has a 600 gram capacity and a resolution of 0.1g, and weighs in 3 other units. This scale has a sliding display, tare feature and protective cover. Included with this scale is a VibraKill pad and 2 AAA batteries.

Cool, no?  Now I can really get serious about using weight measures in my dyeing rather than volume.  So much easier (less stuff to clean up!), more accurate, and if I want to, the color is repeatable.  This thing is half the size of the small postal scale I bought at Walmart a few years ago.

If you're looking for a scale, Old Will Knott's has more scales than I knew existed- for just about anything you could want to weigh.  Fast service, too- I ordered on Saturday, and had it in hand today.

I'm planning some dyeing this weekend, I'll let you know how it works!

No comments: