Friday, December 21, 2007

Day Two

I have not made it into the studio at all, closest I got was the desk computer to balance the checkbook. In all fairness, I had an appointment with the eye doctor this morning (6 month checkup after the cataract surgery), and an appointment in Salt Lake. Since I had to go there anyway, I left early and got in a little last-minute Christmas shopping. And all is well with the eye, everything looked great.

I have been sitting on the couch with the laptop, perusing the blogs and sites of some of the people signed up for SharonB's Take It Further challenge. This is a really international group, from literally all over the globe. And, it is not just quilters, it is fiber artists of all kind. This is going to be a fascinating experience- with one big plus for me over the Journal Quilt project. We are SUPPOSED to blog and post about our project, process and thinking each month. Whoohoo!! As much as I loved doing the Journal Quilts, it drove me crazy to keep my thinking and work under wraps until the fall. I'm hoping this will help me become more thoughtful in how I approach the work, maybe even get serious with my sketchbooks. I have them, but they are mostly doodle books.

We will definitely have a white Christmas. It snowed last night, making the drive to Salt Lake a fun one, and more storms coming on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. I hope it doesn't wreak havoc with my trip to Reno.

And, in the spirit of the holidays, I leave you with this picture of our crazy cat Annabelle. She is Shannon's cat, but with her departure for Switzerland, she has adopted us. And here you can see that she has taken over the Christmas tree as her personal nap space. Merry Christmas, Annabelle!



1 comment:

Gayle said...

Thank you for your kind post! Have fun at Mill End...it's an adventure. My two favorite quilt shops in town are Windy Moon and Going Batty. They're on opposite ends of town. Thank you for introducing yourself! I enjoyed reading your blog entries. :-)Gayle