Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's here--

meaning, my long awaited vacation from work. And I find myself still stressing, wondering if I left anything undone. I had no idea I was feeling so stressed, but apparently I am- staff at the office all kicked in to give me an hour massage at a local spa for a Christmas present. I was blown away, was not expecting anything like that. But it is definitely something to look forward to!

Rather than sit and veg with the computer the last two nights, I made myself go down to the studio and do something, anything! Last night I put plastic over the autumn mountains quilt, to try sketching in the tree and branches I want to include in the border. I got a good start, but want to go take some pictures of some big tree trunks where Sadie and I walk to use as a reference.

And tonight, I started the curtains to match the valances in the living room. The construction will be easy, just a pain because it is so much fabric. But hopefully I will get those done before Christmas.

I wonder how many days it will take me to stress down? I've turned off my work cell phone, everyone knows I'm off- everyone except my brain, apparently. I hope it decides to go on vacation here pretty quickly!

No comments: