Saturday, April 18, 2009

Back Home

I'm home from Grand Junction- and now have a day and a half to get my mind out of create mode and into work mode. I know next week will be hectic at work.

Friday night I had dinner with Rayna, Jane, Jane's daughter, and Maxine, who was in the first two days of class. We ate at a wonderful Indian restaurant- Rayna had an eggplant dish that even I, the eggplant hater, liked. The food was great, the company fun. I was sorry to see the week come to an end.

I only drove as far as Moab Friday night, to see a good friend who's also a social worker. Another social worker friend of hers from Colorado was also visiting, and we stayed up until almost midnight drinking beer and talking.

I was on the road by 11 am for the three hour drive home, no stops except one to take a picture of the Bookcliffs. And I am exhasted- physically, mentally, you name it. All my stuff was taken out of the car and deposited in the studio- still in the tubs. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Tonight, it's get the laundry done, eat, and collapse in bed. I hope Rayna gets home safely- last I saw on her blog, she was delayed leaving Junction, and with the snow in Denver, stood a real chance of missing her flight. Not fun.

Maybe pictures tomorrow, but now, all I can think of is sleep.

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Glad you got home safely. I'm still in Denver but leaving at 4:21 this afternoon for NY and should be home in NJ by midnight. No flights to Newark available till who knows when.
Loved spending time with you and look forward to seeing where your work goes from here.

I understand the exhausted part - hope you get back into work mode soon.
R.