Thursday, April 16, 2009

Playing in Grand Junction!

I've now spent two lovely, inspiring days in GJ printing fabric with a group of Colorado women. It has been great! We spent the first day doing deconstructed screen printing, and the second mainly doing thermofax printing. I was glad Rayna also demo'ed gelatin plate printing- it looks fascinating, and I will certainly try it at home.

The studio setup here at Fabric Arts Studios is great- it is definitely more amenable to printing and dyeing than other places I've been. Here's the class from the back, hard at work--



I was up close while Rayna spoke about thermofax printing.



And by the end of the day, we were all exhausted.



There was lots of incredible cloth created, and I ended up joining the local art quilt group here, AQuA. Hey, Junction is less than a four hour drive from home!

Tomorrow, I'll try to post pictures of my fabric.



No comments: