The Challenge from Rayna's Grand Junction class--
Rayna has now posted all the pictures she's gotten from the design class fabric challenge on her blog, including mine. I managed to get it done last weekend, and here's what I came up with--
I decided that my way of altering the 'ugly'fabric would be with thread. It turned out to be hard to photograph, but I used two different colors of Superior's Rainbows thread on the center square. All the other fabrics are either my hand-dyes, or fabric I printed at the workshop.
I experimented with doing multiple squares, but Rayna's fabric did not want to play well with the other fabric I had. And, as it turns out, I didn't share Rayna's distaste for the pink! So I chose to let it take center stage, and surround it with character actors.
At the end, it also told me it needed beads- not a lot, but enough to add interest.
It was fascinating looking at what the others in the class created. Go visit Rayna's blog, and see for yourself!